Auburn is a city in Lee County, Alabama, USA. It is based at Auburn University, the second largest university in Alabama.
60,258 (2014), 53,380 (2010)
|tourist information web||Auburn Tourism|
|no tourist information on Wikidata:|
The city was founded in 1839 and in 1856 was the forerunner of Auburn University. The city has had no major industry since the Second World War. The university grew during World War II and with it the city. From 1980, the city council began a series of economic stimulus programs to reduce the city's dependence on the university and bring many industries into the city. More and more people moved to the city through the new jobs. In 1980 there are still 28,500 inhabitants and now there are about 60,000 inhabitants.
- 2150 Mike Hubbard Boulevard, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-844-4656, e-mail: . This small regional airport is only used for charter flights and private aircraft. There is no regular service. Auburn University Regional Airport,
The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is an airport for arrivals and departures, with many destinations in the United States and many international routes.
The city is not connected to the train network.
On the street
Auburn is at Interstate between Atlanta and Montgomery and the Highway between Birmingham, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.
- 901 S College Street, Auburn, AL 36849. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-844-1463, e-mail: . Opened: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 16:30, Thursday from 10:00 to 20:00, Sunday from 1:00 to 16:00. Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts,
- The campus is home to 23,000 students, and features buildings that have been designed in the style of the Greek revival to modern times. Auburn University.
- The Donald E. Davis Arboretum offers 150 local trees, and many shrubs and wild flowers that are native to Alabama and the southeast of the United States. Entry is free. Donald E. Davis Arboretum.
- 210 East Glenn Avenue, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Mix of southern states, Creole and Mediteran cuisine, all modern interpreted and prepared Acre,
- 410 South Gay Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Amsterdam Café,
- 241 South College Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . The Italian restaurant is at the Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center Ariccia Italina Trattoria & Bar,
- 160 North College Drive, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Cheeburger Cheeburger,
- 2450 Martin Luther King Drive, Auburn, AL 36832. Tel: . Chinese and Thai cuisine. China Palace Asian Fusion,
- 174 East Magnolia Avenue, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-887-2676, e-mail: . Hamilton's on Magnolia,
- 129 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Little Italy Pizzeria,
- 128 North College Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Mellow Mushroom,
- 500 W Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36832. Tel: . Wraps, sandwiches, salads Momma Goldberg's Deli,
- 1151 Opelika Road, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: . Niffer's Place,
- 129 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-821-5434. University Inn,
- 1654 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832. Tel: , Fax: +1 334 521 9101. Stay Lodge Hotel,
- 2013 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Auburn - University Area,
- 1577 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-821-7008. Clarion Inn & Suites University Center,
- 241 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830. Tel: , Fax: +1 334-826-8746. The Hotel at Auburn University & Dixon Conference Center,